You can feel it in the air. The breeze is getting warmer, and so is the sunshine. Strolling through the shopping mall, you peruse the colorful pastel t-shirts, strappy sandals, lacy cotton frocks…and then you see them. Horrified, you peer closer: it can’t be, but it is. Isn’t it too early? No. No it’s not. There they are, rows of them, wild prints and solids, fringes and spangles, tiny little triangles of material that seem to get smaller and more revealing every year.
The Bikinis are here.
I feel your pain, I really do. I love winter clothes. I love to layer my leggings and my sweaters and throw a scarf around my neck. I love my puffy vests and my furry vests and my boots. If I eat a few too many Christmas cookies, all those layers can hide a multitude of sins.
There is NO HIDING in Bikini Season. If you overindulge at the Taco Bar, people are going to know. If you get into the habit of driving through In’n’Out Burger every day, those skimpy little scraps are not forgiving. And if you skip the gym for a long, gossipy coffee date with the girls, make friends with your cover-up, because you probably won’t be taking it off at the beach.
I’m not saying your body has to be perfect to wear a bikini. Far from it! But you certainly won’t feel your best at that pool party if you don’t really pay attention to your health and fitness! At this point, if you’re anything like me, you’re panicking.
DON’T WORRY! N2Fitness is here for you, my dears. Here are a few simple steps that can get you back in the fitness groove as quickly as possible!
1. Set your GOALS immediately, and write them down! You have about 10 weeks before you have to flash that flesh. That’s plenty of time to sleek down and firm up.
2. Go through your pantry and fridge. TOSS THE UNHEALTHY STUFF you can’t resist, and make sure you have plenty of cut-up veggies and fruits for snacking.
3. MAKE A DATE to hit the gym with a friend! You are much more likely to show up if you know someone is waiting for you.
4. ALTERNATE STRENGTH TRAINING WITH AEROBIC CONDITIONING for optimum weight-loss results. Work out 6 days weekly, and write down what you will do for each day’s workout.
5. Make one strength training day per week your LEGS ONLY day. Leg muscles are big and strong, and must be shaped with intensity and focus.
6. Finally—CONTACT ME AT N2FITNESS!! I can help you set goals, design your workouts, and create your perfect Food Plan. Why struggle alone when you can have the coaching you need, at a reasonable price?? Nancy@N2Fitness.com
Don’t let a lack of planning and motivation defeat your Summer Fitness goals! I am here for you!